Today’s panorama is from Helsinki, Finland. The sea view is captured on a sunny summer day in Vuosaari’s Uutela.
Uutela is a beautiful and prestigious outdoor area that offers the much needed greenery for those living in a city in a concrete jungle. In addition to the jogging paths in the middle of a beautiful nature, there are also 2 grilling huts in Uutela.
Do you fancy drinking tea in a terrace in Helsinki during summertime? Maybe with a random book or magazine? Oodi is making that possible, since the new three-story library building is opening this week in the centre of Helsinki, and it will be having a very big and fancy cafeteria with a terrace on its third floor.
Oodi library is the 100th year birthday gift from Finland and its capital Helsinki to its citizens. It took 3 years to build it. This week Oodi will open its doors for the audience and from then on it will be one of the most important sights of Helsinki and the whole of Finland. The view from the 3rd floor of Oodi will most certainly charm you, whether you’re inside or outside the library. In addition there is a lot one can do in this three-story library building.
Not knowing anything more about those 100000 books and magazines Oodi will be having, here’s still 5 more reasons to see and experience Oodi. It will be open seven days a week starting 5.12.2018 –
5 reasons to visit Oodi in Helsinki
1. Oodi will give anyone a free chance to experience clean and beautiful design. The impact will surely be healthy and uplifting for the mind.
2. From the balcony on the third floor one can admire sunsets during summertime. There will be no skyscrapers blocking the sun all though it is in the centre of Helsinki.
3. Oodi is not only a library but a cultural centre. In addition to traditional libraryservices you will also find a cafeteria, restaurant, movie theatre, a playpark for kids, etc. Movie theatre Kino Regina will open in January 2019.
4. On the second floor of Oodi there will be workspaces of various kind in handicrafts as well as digital works. There will also be soundproof rooms for study or work, and for playing music. This second floor will be fully open in 2019.
5. Oodi promotes lifelong learning, active citizenship, democracy and freedom of expression.
In addition to this, the third-floor ball chairs offer a great opportunity to read blogs in your own privacy with your own smartphone!