The Zoologischer Garten Berlin is a nice green area in the middle of the concrete jungle of Berlin and it is within a good access by public transport.
Here’s five more reasons to visit the Berlin Zoo
- If you’re living in the Nordic countries and you’d like to see a real Asian elephant without traveling to India, you will find it surprisingly near. From the Berlin Zoo.
2. If you’re traveling to Berlin with kids, then the Zoologischer Garden Berlin will be guaranteed to give a lot more rewarding experience than, for example, the Berlin Wall.
3. The trained sea lions of the Berlin Zoo provide an action-packed show which will amaze you with the wisdom and learning ability of the animal.
4. If you want to try what it feels like to look at the hippopotamus eye to eye, even that can be done in the Berlin Zoo.
5. And yet, if you want to see the real giraffe, zebra or rhino without traveling to Africa, these animals can be found from the Zoologischer Garden Berlin, which Wikipedia says to be one of the largest zoos in the world and the largest in terms of animal species.
Check also other Berlin travel tips and experiences –
you can read them also in Finnish.
and a photo collection from the Berlin Zoo here –
Find this article in Finnish at indivue.fi and subscribe INDIVUE for more travel and art to come!