Welcome to read INDIVUE – Trip to Finland! It is the latest item in my independent works related to travel. As I have been born and raised in Finland myself, I know pretty much about travel in Finland, especially Helsinki, the capital. This visual travel guide INDIVUE – Trip to Finland is based on my own travel experiences, photos and videos.
INDIVUE – Trip to Finland -collection has links to blog posts related to Finland. You will see photographs and videos with both travel tips and informative art to enjoy.
Get the new posts and updates for INDIVUE – Trip to Finland by subscribing my blog and liking and following my social media channels! As a paying subscriber you will get to see extra content for paid subscribers only.
Enjoy this virtual trip and get ready for real!
Finnish cities, municipalities and sights
Finland has four seasons: spring, summer, autumn and winter. Each season has its own lovely characteristics, but summer is usually the best and warmest time to visit Finland, if you want to play it safe.
Finland has beautiful clean nature and it is over all a beautiful country. This visual guide will give you an overview of some of the popular places to visit in Finland.
If you want to learn more about Finland, check out my blog posts and videos below –
Alavus is a small town in Southern Ostrobothnia and it is often called the gate of the vastness, because the low landscapes without high hills start from that region.
- (video) Restaurant: Harrin grilli
Espoo is among the largest cities in Finland and it is located next to Helsinki, the capital of Finland. Espoo belongs to the capital region and you can reach various parts of Espoo by metro, train or a bus from Helsinki centre. Metro connection to Espoo is relatively new, the newest metro stops being added in 12/2022 only. The population of Espoo is some 300000 people. You can find lot of beautiful nature in Espoo to visit, but also some museums and theatre and shopping malls and such. Espoo is also a great place to live if you love nature. Discover some of its most beautiful places!
- Nuuksio national park
- Restaurant: Paven in Pentala island
Fiskars village is both a residential area and a nature- and art-focused tourist attraction in the city of Raseborg, Raasepori.
- (video) Cafe Bar Pesula in Fiskars
Helsinki is the capital of Finland with over 650000 habitants. My Helsinki travel guide will tell you more than 10 essential things to do in Helsinki, Finland, and even more will be we added later on, so do come and check the updates regularly.
- (video) Helsinki Biennial 2021
- Museum: Amos Rex art museum
- Museum: Finnish Museum of Photographic Art
- (video) Ateneum Bistro
- (video) Café: Cafe Biitsi
- (video) Café: Cat Cafe
- Café: Esplanad
- Café: Gasm
- (video) Café: Ice-cream rickshaw in Helsinki
- (video) Café: Kampela
- (shortvideo) Kiasma Café
- Café: Lasipalatsin laituri
- (video) Café: Monami Beach House
- Café: Taideterassi
- Café: Torpanranta
- (video) Café: Café Ursula
- (video) 5 top sea-view cafés in Helsinki
- Helsinki Book Fair 2021 at Fair Center
- (video) Helsinki Book Fair 2022
- Helsinki Design week
- Helsinki summer
- (video) Restaurant: Food Market
- Restaurant: Indian restaurant Deli Rasoi
- (video) Restaurant: Indian restaurant Tandoori Villa
- (video) Restaurant: Nepalese restaurant Everest
- (video) Restaurant: Oscar’s Bar
- (video) Restaurant: Skutta
- (video) Restaurant: Tavern Vaelsa
- (video) Restaurant: Thai restaurant in Itis
- (video) Restaurant: Thai Vegan Kitchen
- (video) Yemeni restaurant in Helsinki
- Restaurant: The South Indian
- Cherry park
- (video) Gandhi statue in Helsinki
- Helsinki centre
- Helsinki Christmas atmosphere
- Oodi library
- The most beautiful neighborhood in Finland 2017
- (video) Vuosaarenhuippu
- Vuosaari beaches
- Walk on the sea
Inkoo is located in the Southern coast of Finland and has a beautiful small harbour.
Kuusamo is a town located in the Northern Ostrobothnia region. It has a famous ski slope and being there feels like being in Lapland. You can see reindeer running free in the wild. Kuusamo has an airport.
Loviisa is a small town with some 15000 habitants in the Southern coast of Finland. It has got lots of beautiful color wooden houses and in it’s municipality also other beautiful sights like Strömfors Iron Mill.
- (video) Road trip to Strömfors Iron Mill
Nurmijärvi is the most populated municipality in Finland and it is located within an easy reach by bus from Helsinki centre, approximately 35 minutes. It is sharing border with Espoo and Vantaa cities. Nurmijärvi does not really have tourist destinations but it is known from the fact that the Finnish national author used to live there, and you can still see his house.
- (video) Restaurant: Impivaara Grill
- (video) Turkish restaurant Ismet
Porvoo is a beautiful city located some some 50km east from the centre of Helsinki. The old city of Porvoo is a famous tourist destination in Finland.
- (video) Café: Ani’s Café
- (video) Restaurant: Nepalese restaurant Khukuri
- (video) Restaurant: Zum Beispiel
Turku is the oldest city in Finland and it is located on the southwest coast by the Aura river. It is also the former capital city of Finland, before Helsinki.
- (video) Café: Nooa Café
- (video) Electric bicycle rickshaw ride in Turku
- (video) Café: Italian ice-cream in Turku
Vantaa is a former rural municipality of Helsinki, and now its own city. It is considered as part of the capital region. Vantaa is home to Finland’s largest and most important airport, Helsinki-Vantaa Airport. There are good public transport connections from Vantaa to the center of Helsinki by train and bus.
- (short video) Restaurant: Business lounge at the Helsinki-Vantaa airport
Verla is a village in Kouvola and popular with summer cottage tourists. One of the UNESCO World Heritage Sites of Finland is located in Verla.
- (video) Trip to the UNESCO World Heritage Site in Verla
- Restaurant: Verla
Åland is an autonomous and demilitarized region and it is situated in an archipelago in the Baltic Sea. Its official language is Swedish, which is the second official language of Finland, after Finnish. The capital of Åland is Mariehamn. Åland has beautiful nature and many touristic facilities and you can reach it by ship daily. Some 30000 people live in Åland. Read more from the storylinks below –
- Beer making in Åland
- Hotel: Arkipelag
- (video) Ship from Åland to Finland
- Ship to Åland and back
- Restaurant: Good restaurants in Mariehamn
- Travel videos from Åland
Blog posts and videos related to traveling in Finland
- Flight: From Barcelona to Helsinki
- Flight: From Delhi to Helsinki
- Flight: From Helsinki to Barcelona
- Flight: From Helsinki to Riga
- Flight: From Oslo to Helsinki
- Ship: Christmas cruise from Helsinki to Stockholm
- Ship: Christmas cruise from Stockholm to Helsinki
- Ship: Helsinki-Stockholm-Helsinki cruise
- Ship: M/S Star from Helsinki to Tallinn
- Ship: Viking XPRS from Helsinki to Tallinn
- Ship: M/S Gabriella from Stockholm to Helsinki
INDIVUE – Trip to Finland
Get yourself a ticket to read and watch these inspiring and guiding true stories of a traveller in Finland! Or just buy me a virtual cup of tea – it will keep this guide online and growing!
Subscribe and follow INDIVUE also in social media –